My new blog is about to teach you how you can look taller and slimmer with your outfits.
See, with my average height (164cm) I will always look if my outfit is not making me look shorter or wider and there are lots of ways to do this. Making the right outfit choices will result in you looking better and that is a great thing. We all want that.
It’s not so hard, it’s just knowing what to do with your outfit and get it right.
- Wear monochromatic outfits. This is an easy way to look taller and slimmer. The colours don’t have to be exactly the same but the same shade will create an nice fluid and lengthening effect.
- Wear heels. This is quite obvious, it makes your legs look longer. Don’t go too high if you can’t wear them, even a little heel or a block heel will do.
- Wear scarves and necklaces. These elements of styling are used to create vertical lines in an outfit and draw the eyes up and down.
- Wear longline outerwear. With outerwear I mean, longline cardigans, jackets and coats. Again, it creates vertical lines and have a lengthening effect. It also makes you look slimmer because it only shows a little mid section of your torso, the outer part is covered by the garment that you choose to wear as an extra layer.
- Wear shoes with a low vamp and pointy toe. A low vamp means that the shoe doesn’t cover your whole foot. The high the vamp, the shorter your leg will look, and a pointy toe elongates even more.
- Wear nude shoes. This creates a lengthening effect by matching the colour of your shoe with your skin and therefor letting it flow all the way instead of cutting it off with another colour.
- Wear fitted clothes. Loose fitted and baggy clothes don’t make you look slimmer at all. Nicely fitted clothes that are closer to your body will have a much better effect for when you want to look taller and slimmer.
These are all tips for creating a taller and slimmer look. You can even choose to combine a few of these together if you want to double the effect. The best way to find out what works for you is to experiment in front of the mirror.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and that it has helped you by creating a look that makes you feel good about your outfit. Because then the magic starts.